Mar. 04, 2021< Back to list
In the performance parameters of LED screens, many people pay more attention to the color, brightness, LED chip, power supply, IC, and other issues of the screen, but few people pay attention to the anti-static performance of the LED displays. Static electricity has a great impact on electronic products, especially high-end electronic equipment sensitive to static electricity such as LED screens. Sometimes, static electricity can cause fatal effects on LED screens.
1. Source of static electricity
The static power source that affects the circuit mainly includes the human body, plastic products，and related equipment and instruments. Static electricity generated in the use environment includes objects and materials:
a) Floors, work table, chairs, work clothes and packaging containers;
b) Painted or waxed surfaces, organic and glass fiber materials;
c) Cement floors, painted floors or waxed floors, plastic floor tiles or floor leather;
d) Chemical fiber work clothes, non-conductive work shoes, clean cotton work clothes;
e) Plastic, packing boxes, bags, plates.
To minimize the damage of static electricity to LED screens, manufacturers, distributors, and clients need to strictly implement the ESD20.20 standard during production, transportation and use.
2. Prevent static electricity
2.1 Anti-static during the LED screen production process
(1) Train personnel who use electrostatic-sensitive circuits on electrostatic knowledge and related technologies. Production employees are those who carry static electricity directly in contact with LED screens at first and LED display manufacturers must train and assess their employees on anti-static knowledge.
(2) During the production process, workers are required to wear a grounded electrostatic wristband. Especially during the cutting, plug-in, debugging, and post-welding processes, and to do a good job of monitoring, the quality personnel must do a bracelet static test at least every two hours, and make a test record.
(3) When soldering, the electric soldering iron should use anti-static low-voltage constant temperature soldering iron as much as possible, and maintain good grounding.
(4) In the assembly process, use low-voltage DC electric screwdrivers with grounding wires (commonly known as electric screwdrivers) as much as possible.
(5) Ensure the effective grounding of the production pull table, glue filling table, aging rack, etc.
(6) The production environment is required to be grounded with copper wires, such as floors, walls, and ceilings used on some occasions, and all of them should be anti-static materials. Generally, even ordinary gypsum boards and lime-painted walls are acceptable, but the use of plastic ceilings and ordinary or plastic wallpaper is prohibited.
(7) When touching LED parts, keep the correct method of handling and do not directly touch the PCB board and the electronic components on it.
(8) ESD safety and control procedures: The ESD of most electronic and electrooptical companies is very similar, and it has successfully implemented the ESD control, manipulation, and main program of all equipment. These procedures have been used as instruments for testing quality effects because of ESD in ancient times, and ISO-9000 certification also included it in the normal control procedures.
2.2 Anti-static during transportation
In daily operations, ESD-sensitive equipment should always be stored in anti-static bags or containers. This includes inventory storage, shipping and WIP. Precautions during transportation include consumable fleets, boxes or other equipment, such as conductive wheels or drag links, and grounding when transporting ESD equipment.
LED screens are currently the most widely used display products for large screens on the market. As it is a high-end display product, and the production cost is relatively high, LED screen manufacturers need to train the company’s employees on anti-static knowledge, and at the same time control the relative humidity above 40 to minimize the damage rate of the LED screens during transportation.
2.3 Anti-static during using
(1) When installing the screen, clients and engineering companies must also strictly follow the anti-static operation, and do not directly touch the core electronic components of the product without protective measures.
(2) Make effective grounding when installing the steel structure of the screen, and lead the screen static electricity to the ground.
PREMTECO has more than 20-year industrial experience and has our own professional quality inspection and technical team. Our LED production process strictly monitors static electricity, and the professional QC team will also troubleshoot possible static electricity damage before shipment to ensure the delivery of high-quality products.